The rules for this award are:
*Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
*Share 7 things about yourself
*Pass this award along to 10 recently discovered blogs
Seven things about me....
1. I am an "Alternative Certification" teacher...meaning my degree is in Accounting/Finance (I worked at a Management Analyst prior to teaching).
2. My career move to teaching happened in a matter of about 48 hours...call it an epiphany or a quarter life crisis...everything fell into place and I have not looked back :)
3. My I co-teach with my mother who has been a kindergarten teacher for 30 years. My grandmother was also a kindergarten teacher and my sister is an ESOL teacher. I guess you could say it's like our family business.
4. I plan to start my Master's this spring...I am trying to decide between Ed. Leadership and Communication Disorders.
5. I love love love math....weird because k-12 I rarely made above a C in math. In college, it just clicked...and my love for it began. I truly believe anyone can understand/appreciate math...if it is taught correctly. I do not think that I suddenly matured just before taking Calculus my freshman year in college. I had an incredible professor who served as a facilitator, he allowed his students to try the problems, then he would demonstrate the correct approach, and so on...
6. I love technology!!! I especially love how familiar children are with technology and how quickly they adapt to technology.
7. I truly love my job and without a doubt I love going to work each day. No matter what is happening in the world outside my classroom, we are having a fantastic time together!!!